Sunday, December 21, 2008

Time off in the Dominican Republic



For the last week, my wife and I have been in the Dominican Republic celebrating our 29th anniversary. During that time my running miles have gone way down. Less than 25 miles a week. But that is a good thing. I'm not sure I could have wound down my mileage otherwise, although the cold weather in Oklahoma may have been able to accomplish the same thing. We enjoyed our time away, but travelling at this time of the year is a huge headache. While we stayed at an all inclusive resort, within the D R people always have their hands out, and I detest that. I'm not singling out the D R, every country I've been in has been this way. And it was the same way in Miami, where we stayed a couple of days. More and more I'm convinced that customer service is almost dead. We had several occasions where we were lied to about why things didn't happen the way they were supposed to. But tis the season, so I'm not going to dwell on that. We are home, safe and sound and all is well.

Feliz Navidad Próspero Año y Felicidad!

4 comments:

Willie said...

Glad to have you back safe and sound. No beach run pics. I was looking forward to the "sights".

DawnB said...

Happy 29th wonderful way to celebrate. the running can wait :)

JenZen said...

Yes...hmmmm....rub it in why don'cha!! It's 39 degrees here! :) Congrats on your wedding anniversary and hope you had a great trip!

A Plain Observer said...

That picture makes up for the lack of customer service!
-5 here with wind chill.....
I understand how you feel about the "hands out" attitude.
Feliz Navidad and mucha salud. That's what I need too.