Sunday, September 26, 2010

In the Mean Time

I've continued my running, racing, and training. Since my last post about running, I've run at least three races. Two 5k's and one half marathon. Both 5k's my time was about 21:25. No where near my best, but good times. The second 5k I did feel better at the end than I do after most 5k's. That let me know that maybe my training is paying off. At the half marathon, I was running very well the first half, and out and back course, but really struggled coming back. That didn't bother me because it told me some things. Mainly that I am able to run long at a higher level, but need to mesh my pace with the distance. The half was a training run anyway.
Coming up all my runs/races are long. In two weeks, 10/10/10, I have a marathon. Then on the 23rd of Oct. I'm running a 12 hour timed race. And in November I'm running the Mother Road 100. I also have signed up for a very famous race, but more about that later.

1 comment:

A Plain Observer said...

good luck on your marathon! I'll be with you in pain