Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oklahoma City Marathon - Pictures





I ran with the legends yesterday, and cheered the runners on today. I have a new toy, a Kodak Zi6 video camera. This is similar to the Flip. My skills are poor since this is only my 2nd day using the camera. Needless to say I didn't realize how jerky the video would be since I was walking, so I cut pictures from my videos. If any of you in the pictures want the video, let me know. The sound is outstanding. The first two pictures were taken by a friend, thanks Arnie, with his camera. One is me with Bill (Boston Billy) Rodgers and the other is me with Joan Samuelson. By the way, Joan was 1st place female in the half. At 51 years old she ran 1:21:57.
The runners did a great job today despite the hot, humid and windy conditions.

10 comments:

Vivian said...

You got a pic with Joan! So cool! I wish I had brought a camera to the expo. I just have to be content with her autograph instead.

Southbaygirl said...

How very cool that you had your pic taken with Bill and Joan. And very nice of you to go out and cheer!

Kevin said...

Oh, man, these are awesome pictures. just awesome. Seems like you are a legend too. You guys looked like you were having a lot of fun, like the heat didnt even matter.

rob said...

Great pics. That is too cool, your pic w/ Bill Rogers. I just finished reading my Runner's World article about him. He seems to be quite the character.

DawnB said...

nice, very nice

Anonymous said...

Liked the picks. Are you going to run the Andy Payne Marathon? I think you've mentioned running Andy Payne before. What are your thoughts on this particular race?

my email is glenstanley1@cox.net

A Plain Observer said...

and you just ran Boston? amazing! great shots.

Reese said...

Some of you seem to think I ran the Oklahoma City marathon. I didn't, I was just out there cheering the runners on and taking pictures.

Anonymous said...

Nice Pictures! When is your next marathon? Andy Payne?

Sharon Haley

JenZen said...

LOVE all the pics!! How very cool!