Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July


Not that I'm a big time patriot, but it's odd to me that today is better known as the 4th of July than Independence Day.
This morning I ran the Freedom Run. It was hot but overcast. I thought that it would be a little easier than my last 8k. Wrong, it was not sunny, but it was still 85 degrees. I started off easier and felt like I was running a pace I could sustain. But after 5k I started suffering. There was a water stop at 6k so I slowed to a walk, took two cups, poured one over me and drank the other. I finished and took 3rd in age group. Later a group of us met at Starbucks and hung around for awhile. It has been a good day, and my training is going well. I'm still not racing as well as I think I should, but I just chalk it up to the heat.

2 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

I'm sorry but running in the heat SUCKS!!! So I would blame the heat!!!

A Plain Observer said...

no one can run well in the heat, you do really good considering.
My country also refers to Independence day by date
Veinte de Julio