Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend & Dog Jog 8k


Friday through Sunday afternoon I was at my mother's. Which is where I am during the week. There is a rodeo in my hometown and it is the biggest day of the year there. It's not the same to me, but it's still a homecoming of sorts. I got to spend some quality time with my granddaughter. She begged me to let her stay with me when her mother was going to leave. I said ok, and about 30 minutes later she was throwing a fit to see her mother. I knew she was tired, and she always gets cranky when she's been up longer than usual. So I just suffered through until she fell asleep. The next morning she woke up, I was already up, and she apologized to me. She is always at her best for the first few hours of the morning.
We went to the cemetery and then headed back home. This morning I decided to run this 8k here called the Dog Jog. It is to benefit a dog charity and encourage responsible pet ownership. I don't have a dog, but I like them. I ran this and it was hot and humid. I was having a hard time keeping up the effort, but ran well considering how bad I felt. I finished in just over 36 minutes. Over a minute off my P R, but good enough for 2nd in age group. Again, they gave a useful prize. Gift certificates to Sonic. All in all a good weekend.

3 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

How very cool that you ran a race to benefit dogs! I love running for dog charities!

And a sonic gift card-there are some people I know that would go NUTS for a sonic gift card!!

A Plain Observer said...

I have been away from your blog for a couple of weeks, now reading it, I remember why I like to visit it. You write with heart,mucho corazon.

So typical of kids to do what your granddaughter did! much enjoyable.

JenZen said...

What a cool race!! My pups would LOVE that. Great job on taking 2nd too. Mmmmm...Sonic cherry limeade. Now I'm thirsty.