Thursday, January 17, 2008

This Week in Training

As I said, I'm more or less following the Furman marathon program. I have modified it because I am training for both a marathon and an ultra marathon. Tuesday, I ran 3 x 1 mile intervals at a 7:00 pace. Wednesday, I ran 5 miles easy as a recovery run. At the time we were transitioning from unusually mild weather to a cold rainy/sleet/snowy spell. The precipitation didn't last long, but the cold is here to stay for a while. Today, I will probably do a tempo run of 10 miles at 8:30 pace. I'm going to find out how I do on a long run in this kind of weather this weekend. The low for both Saturday and Sunday is going to be in the low teens, and I will be running a plus 20 miler on Sunday. At least I will start out to run more than 20.

No comments: