Sunday, January 27, 2008

Spirit of the Marathon - Training

As I said, I went to see Spirit of the Marathon. The story of six runners, two elites, two novices, one trying for Boston, and one senior. The movie is inspiring, but I would say this is mainly a runner movie. Unless someone has some connection to running, this would probably be a boring movie.
I've been continuing my training for the marathon. Friday, I ran 10 miles at marathon pace (8:30) on the N. River trails. I struggled a little at the beginning, but after about 3 miles it wasn't a problem. Today, I had plans on doing 20 miles, but only did 17. I have been having a problem with my shoes bumping my right ankle bone. I spoke to a doctor that runs with us about it, and at first he thought I might have ankle problems, but then just agreed with me that it's my shoes. I'm going to have to solve this problem if I expect to run long.

No comments: