Sunday, April 20, 2008

This Weeks Training

This weeks training has had it's ups and downs. On Tuesday, I did 7 miles at marathon (8:35) pace. On Wednesday, I did 8-1K intervals at 4:30 each. I wasn't going to run Thursday, but my son wanted to get in a run. Since it was raining a bit, and we were in MWC, I said let's go check out Regional Park. Neither of us had ever run there before. It's a nice area once you figure it out. It has a woody area, and looks like you could run some short trails there. Anyway, I did 5 easy miles there before the cold front and rain ended the run. Saturday was the last training run for the running club, but I also belong to the OKC Trail Runners, and I hadn't run with them all year because of conflicts. So I ran with five lovely ladies, no other guys showed up. We started out together at the Draper Trails but ended up separating because some wanted to run different trails. I finished with a young lady for a total of two hours. I don't take my Garmin because it doesn't record well on the trails, but also I like to just run by feel sometimes. My plans today were to run 14-16 miles at a fast pace. I went to S & S park at Hefner and started out easy going counter-clockwise. After a little over a mile I started picking it up and ran 8:30 miles back to the park for about 6 miles. I stopped at my car to get something to drink and then started out in the other direction. I immediately started having problems. My right knee felt like it wanted to give out, and I felt like I had no energy. I stopped after a mile and stretched the knee. Started walking and then running again. I had the feeling again, but kept running and it went away, but I still couldn't get back into the groove. I went out 3 then decided to turn around. This put me into the wind and added to my problems. I decided to walk for awhile and after about 5 minutes started running slowly. I was able to run all the way back and just decided to chalk this up as one of those off days. My knee feels fine and I don't think it's a problem. I'll be in Seattle working next weekend and probably won't get to run. So I'll try to get a moderately long run in during the week. I may not post before next Sunday, so good luck to all who are running in the Run to Remember, the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon.

2 comments:

Dr. Marc and Tanya said...

Reese,
Not finish R. report yet but set a new 50 mile PR. Leona was a tough course, but everything seemed to come together. I did post a short video.
Marc

DawnB said...

you are getting some really quality training in nice week.