Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July


Not that I'm a big time patriot, but it's odd to me that today is better known as the 4th of July than Independence Day.
This morning I ran the Freedom Run. It was hot but overcast. I thought that it would be a little easier than my last 8k. Wrong, it was not sunny, but it was still 85 degrees. I started off easier and felt like I was running a pace I could sustain. But after 5k I started suffering. There was a water stop at 6k so I slowed to a walk, took two cups, poured one over me and drank the other. I finished and took 3rd in age group. Later a group of us met at Starbucks and hung around for awhile. It has been a good day, and my training is going well. I'm still not racing as well as I think I should, but I just chalk it up to the heat.

2 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

I'm sorry but running in the heat SUCKS!!! So I would blame the heat!!!

Anonymous said...

no one can run well in the heat, you do really good considering.
My country also refers to Independence day by date
Veinte de Julio